0x80096004 (or 80096004) may be a Windows Update error, which occurs when the user attempts to run the updates using the Windows Updates service. In some rare cases, individuals could begin seeing it once the sure-fire installation of explicit updates.
Although it prevails on Windows 10 and eight, Windows 8.1 and seven aren’t resistant to this problem, but they’re much less frequently affected. consistent with Microsoft engineers, 0x80096004 error may occur thanks to the DNS conflict, incompatibility of internal Windows applications, or corrupted Windows Update components. If you’ve got a third-party antivirus installed on the system, it should even be considered together of the possible provocatives.
As soon as you encounter the Error Code 0x80096004, you ought to check the system for malware, registry errors, corrupted files, irrelevant software, and similar issues. this will be through with the assistance of Reimage, which may be a multi-functional PC optimization utility. If, however, a full system scan with this application didn’t work, then attempt to disable your anti-virus. Nothing? Then the subsequent instructions should assist you to repair the 0x80096004 error.
Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
1. Click Windows key + X simultaneously and choose instrument panel .
2. Type troubleshooter and hit Enter.
3. Select Troubleshooting and click on Fix problems with Windows Updates (under System and Security).
4. Select View All and click on on Windows Update.
5. Click Next then select Advanced.
6. Select Run as an Administrator and mark all the boxes.
7. Click Apply then Next.
8. Finally, click Close.
Restart Windows Update Services
1. Click Windows key + R, type services.msc, and press Enter.
2. Now realize Windows Update service, Background Intelligent Transfer service, and cryptographical services.
3. Double-click on each of them then click Stop button at rock bottom of the window.
4. After that, attend the C:\\Windows\\SoftwareDistribution\\ location and delete everything that’s located during this folder.
Click here to know more
5. Once done, click Windows key + R, type services.msc, and press Enter again.
6. Locate Windows Update service, Background Intelligent Transfer service, and Cryptographic services.
7. Double-click on each of them and choose Start from the sink menu.
8. Close everything, restart the system, and check out to run Windows Updates.
Reset Windows Store
In a number of cases, 0x80096004 errors may occur thanks to the Windows Store bug. Therefore, resetting Windows Store is additionally worth trying. For that, click Windows key + R, type WSReset.exe command within the Run dialogue box, and press Enter. the entire process is going to be executed automatically.
If, however, none of the three methods listed above helped, you’ll attempt to download the needed update manually from Microsoft’s Update Catalog or download the Media Creation tool and use it for Windows update/upgrade.
Visit Office.com/setup to know more.